“We help people succeed.”
Southfield Public Library enriches the life of the community by providing opportunities to learn, connect, enjoy and discover.
- We believe knowledge and information are vital to the quality of life.
- We believe reading gives people the power to improve their lives.
- We believe public service is our first priority.
- We believe public libraries are the foundation of a free society.
- We believe in fiscal and environmental responsibility to our community.
- We believe in a more equal and just society.
Making information available
- The Southfield Public Library acts as a guide to make timely, accurate and useful information accessible in a variety of formats. We help patrons fill specific reference requests and locate and retrieve information. Our vast array of resources, including specialized business information, is available in person, by phone and by computer.
Supporting Lifelong Learning and Literacy
- The Southfield Public Library provides materials to meet the ongoing needs of our community for lifelong learning. To promote literacy in all age groups, we offer collections and programs to encourage reading and information literacy.
Complementing Formal Education
- The Southfield Public Library assists students of all ages in locating information for class assignments. We develop partnerships with local schools and colleges to provide instruction on library use. We complement the collections of school/college libraries and the curriculum of public, private and home schools.
Offering Popular Materials
- The Southfield Public Library provides current titles in high demand to satisfy local recreational interests. Materials are offered in a variety of formats and languages. We offer expert guidance to these collections.
Promoting Community Connections
- The Southfield Public Library serves as a hub of community living and culture, offering opportunities for personal enrichment and growth.
Providing Access to Technology
- We create well-designed, stable systems in a welcoming environment where patrons receive assistance, training and access to the newest technologies.