Participants 18 years and older will log the number of books read between June 19, 2020 and August 15, 2020 via READsquared. For every book read, the Friends of the Southfield Public Library will make a donation to a local food bank, Forgotten Harvest.
Please remember participants can read any book or audiobook they choose, however it must be a book. Magazines, newspaper articles and books of the Bible will not be counted. For every 5 books read, participants will receive a FREE book!
Join us in our “Reading For The Community” drive. As part of our summer reading program for adults, this year’s raffle will consist of collecting money to donate to Forgotten Harvest. For each book read $1 will be matched by the Friends of the Southfield Public Library.
Visit our READsquared page, download the app and get started reading! Please list the book title and the author in your reading log. Give-aways and prizes will be distributed at the library once we are open for public services.
Make the most of our virtual summer reading program by trying these virtual activities:
- Are You Prepared for the New Michigan Auto Insurance Laws? (all ages) – July 14th at 6:00 pm
- Create a Photo Book Class (all ages) – August 1st at 2:00 pm
- Creecy Book Club – July, 14th at 7:00 pm
- Genealogy Research – Ongoing
- Urban Fiction Book Club – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for meeting information
- Vision Board Workshop – July 18th at 11:00 am
- What’s My Title…A Reading Recommendation Game Show (all ages) – August 10th at 3:00 pm