Gale Courses supports libraries as educational institutions and gives community members easy access to lifelong learning opportunities including professional development, technology, and personal enrichment courses.
Available 24/7, Gale Courses provides more than 360 six-week long, online programs taught by college instructors. New courses begin each month, and lessons are assigned twice a week, enhanced with images, videos, and games to support varied learning styles. Users will enjoy a self-paced learning environment and engagement with fellow students and instructor through weekly discussion boards.
Classes support a wide variety of Interests:
- Business professionals – with communication, entrepreneurship, human resources, management, manufacturing, and marketing offerings
- Computer and technology – suiting skill levels from beginner to advanced in software, computer applications, web design, and programming
- Parenting, language & arts, hobbies, and more – a wide array of personal enrichment subjects with something for everyone
- Health and wellness offerings – certifications in topics from mental health and aging to pain management and nutrition
10 Most Popular Courses
• Introduction to Microsoft Excel 2016 • Accounting Fundamentals • Speed Spanish • Grammar Refresher • Discover Sign Language • Medical Terminology: A Word Association Approach • Beginning Writer’s Workshop • Intermediate Microsoft Excel 2016 • Stocks, Bonds, and Investing: Oh, My! • Creating WordPress Websites
You must have a Southfield Library card to enroll in courses — find Gale Courses in Research Sources by Title and Research — > Education — > Online Learning.
You must be logged in to post a comment.