Note: Computer access is currently limited by floor. To learn about our current computer services, please refer to our new Computer Use Instructions.
The Library has more than 100 computers available on a first-come, first-served basis. These computers may not be reserved in advance. Guests may use a computer for up to two hours a day; card holders in good standing may use a computer for a longer period of time if no one is waiting. General-use computers on all three floors provide Internet access and allow printing to a nearby black and white or color printer. Printing in black / white is .15 per page; printing in color is .50 per page. Files stored on USB drives may accessed on these general-use computers for purposes of printing (note: not editing). (You may also print files from a USB drive on the multi-function machines located in the Copy Rooms on all three floors.)
The Southfield Public Library has two Computer Labs with a total of 28 computers available for public use. The Computer Labs are located on the first and third floors of the Library. The purpose of the Labs is to allow Library staff to provide instructional classes and to provide individual users with access to selected software programs for research, educational, and business use.
Computer Lab Policy
- The Computer Labs will be open to individual users when classes are not scheduled. The Computer Labs are not available for rental. Computer use is free.
- Equipment available: computers and printers.
- Computer use is first-come, first-served.
- There is a limit of two (2) users per workstation.
- There is a charge for printing. Color (.50) and black & white (.15) printing is available.
- Software available: Microsoft Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Microsoft Publisher, FrontPage, Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Library staff will provide assistance with opening, closing, printing, and basic software functions. Patrons will be directed to online tutorials and printed resources for further instruction.
- If you need extended assistance or attention, please bring a family member or friend to sit with you. Library staff are unable to allow a single user to dominant their time.
- All computer users must leave the Lab 30 minutes before a scheduled class. Lab computers will automatically power down at closing.
- The Library Code of Conduct and the Public Computer Use and Internet Policy will be enforced in the Computer Labs. The Library reserves the right to monitor and disallow equipment usage.
- Unethical, illegal, or misuse of equipment may result in a denial of computer privileges and/or further action by local authorities.
- All equipment is used and data accessed at the user’s risk.
- It is the user’s responsibility to provide their own storage media (USB drives) and save work frequently. The Library is not responsible for any corruption or loss of data due to power failures, computer hardware/software failures, network difficulties and/or users not periodically saving their work. Diskette use is not supported.
Permitted in the Labs:
- Document creation or editing using the available Library software if the format is supported.
- Headphones and USB storage devices that do not require the installation of software.
- Internet searching for research purposes.
- Downloading files to supported media.
- Loading of some personal paper in the printers (note: you must have approval from Library Staff in advance of loading paper; not all paper may be suitable for use in our printers).
Not Permitted in the Labs:
- Unauthorized programs may not be uploaded to the hard drives or network.
- USB port connection for equipment other than for handheld PCs, memory sticks, USB drives and cameras.
- Game playing or use of social networking sites when others are waiting for Lab computers.
- Cell phone conversations. Please place your phone on vibrate mode and take calls outside of the Lab.