It was a dark and stormy night… or was it a bright and sunny day, not giving any sort of clue to the mayhem that was soon to come. Or maybe it was a quiet day at the library, a little too quiet. You get to decide because you are the author in SPL’s Championship of Chills, a Goosebumps inspired spooky story contest. Visit rlstne.com/writing-program for a helpful writing guide for young authors.
- Stories and characters should be original.
- Stories should be between 1,000 and 5,000 words (about 4 to 20 pages double spaced).
- Stories should be similar to Goosebumps in tone; in other words not too violent or too much gore!
- Stories should feature at least one scene set at a library.
- Optional first draft due September 27 (only if you are interested in receiving feedback).
- All final drafts due October 20, 2021.
Prizes will be awarded.